The centre opened in the summer of 2018 and provides a hub of information about the working farm, its wildlife and archaeological features. Greystones is truly a special place to be, home to the Salmonsbury Meadows Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), it boasts one of the richest and largest examples of unimproved neutral meadows in the Cotswolds. The site also has an Iron Age fortified enclosure known as Salmonsbury Camp Ancient Monument.
We are looking for volunteers to bring this special place alive. We need enthusiastic, volunteers to help provide a warm welcome and information for visitors to Greystones.
The roles will include:
• Acting as an information hub to help visitors understand and navigate the site such as offering insights into the history and wildlife of Greystones;
• Providing general information on the work of the Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust;
• Offering broader information to help visitors enjoy Bourton-on-the-Water (e.g. transport information, accommodation suggestions, things to do and see locally);
• Switching on/off the displays and restocking leaflets
• There may also be opportunities to help with Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust events, such as our Open Farm Sunday.
A variety of flexible shifts are available Monday to Sunday, 10am and 4pm.
If you would like more information about this role without committing yourself please drop an email to email@example.com
Why get involved?
We value all our volunteers and want to provide opportunities that will be enjoyed and make a positive difference to conservation. We will provide all visitor centre volunteers with:
- Flexible volunteering, no set commitment levels or minimum volunteer hours per week. Volunteer when you want to!
- Opportunities to make your mark; helping us to improve and create new visitor experiences
- Visitor and community engagement experience;
- A sense of pride for Greystones Farm;
- Increasing your knowledge of wildlife and archaeology;
This is a great opportunity to volunteer in a unique setting and help create a welcoming and inclusive visitor experience which celebrates all that Greystones has to offer and reflects the ethos and passion of Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust.
What we provide
- Appropriate training and assigned supervisor
- Travel expenses
How to get involved?
- Sign into your account or sign up to Volunteer Makers.
- Accept the challenge
- Await a response from Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust with more information
- Customer Service
- Working independently
- Community Work
- Visitor Service/ Front of House