Gloucester Guildhall is the Arts venue for the city. You’ll find workshop spaces, Art exhibitions, music gigs, cinema, performance theatre, stand up comedy, sit down comedy, debates, Q&A sessions with authors, politicians and TV celebrities, dance, art and well being classes, and a lovely café and bar to keep you refreshed. It takes a lot to keep this busy venue running and with our work placements you get a chance to help out with as many tasks as possible. You’ll undertake a mixture of genuine front of house and behind the scenes tasks. Placements are usually Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm, for the period that your course requires. We only commit to one work placement at any one time so you will be fully supported throughout your placement.
Our placements undertake a range of the genuine front of house and behind the scenes tasks that are happening in the Guildhall that week. To reflect the reality of work in a busy Arts and Cultural venue, some tasks placements undertake as part of a team, working closely with other members of staff, other tasks they will need to work on independently, but with support and guidance as required. Typically this may involve a selection of tasks from:
• Cleaning & preparing the Guildhall for opening to the public. This can include for example vacuuming, dusting and wiping down surfaces, setting up conference rooms with tables, chairs, drinks, or equipment, or restocking leaflets.
• Helping man the box office to sell tickets, take bookings and answer enquiries
• Table clearing and washing up in the café.
• Taking tickets for the cinema or other events
• Meeting and greeting performers and dealing with their requests
• Helping display Art exhibitions
• Preparing digital and hard copy advertising and marketing material.
Why get involved?
A work placements at Gloucester Guildhall is an excellent opportunity to experience the many tasks and skills that a career in a busy and diverse Arts venue serving its community involves. You’ll have chances to practice and build your customer service, team working and independent working skills. We only commit to one work placement at any one time so you will be fully supported throughout your placement.
How to get involved?
- Sign into your account or sign up to Volunteer Makers.
- Accept the challenge
- Await a response from Gloucester Guildhall with more information
- Customer Service
- Event Stewarding
- Money Handling
- Social Media
- Working independently
- Business and management
- Commercial Development
- Community Work
- Computers and Technology
- Creative and Arts
- Events and Programming
- Food & Beverage
- Marketing and communications
- Visitor Service/ Front of House